GCLA is always looking for passionate individuals who are interested in supporting our efforts. GCLA has many opportunities for you to donate your time. Here is a list of just a few possibilities:
- Mentor High School students once a month in a group setting
- Be a presenter; share your story, job or interests
- Teach a class anything from arts and crafts to computers
- Be a tutor, we especially need math tutors who are knowledgeable in algebra and geometry
- Help out an event like Career Day or Health Fair
- We always need individuals who can repair and build things for us
- If you are in school and would like some experience give us a call we can develop a plan to get the kind of experience you want
Girls Club of Los Angeles seeks to provide a practical and comprehensive internship program for college students committed to a career in Childcare, Youth Development or Community Outreach. Community service and leadership experience are also an important part of the total assessment of student applicants. Candidates should be seeking degrees in Human Services, Child Care, Business, Public Relations, and Journalism & Marketing.
GCLA Internships are unpaid. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, currently in good standing at an accredited college or university and is expected to work a minimum of 15 hours per week during a 12 week internship period. Intern’s hours must be flexible enough to allow work on weekends during GCLA’s events and appearances. Interns MUST receive academic credit for the internship and must provide the necessary paperwork from the academia within one week of your acceptance as a GCLA intern.
Intern candidates must complete an application form and submit it with a cover letter, resume and current TB Test. All applications must be submitted as a complete package. Please fill out and complete the following application.
Intern Application Page 1
If there are other ways you can help, give us a call so we can match your needs to ours. For more information please contact Akeisha Davis, Project Director at:
Hours: Mon-Fri 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.